I know Henry's birthday is on the Thursday the 15th but I wanted to write him his letter before his birthday. I dont want to spend that day on the computer so I thought I would post it today!
Henry!
Happy 2nd birthday!!! On one hand I cannot believe you are already two!! Yet at the same time I feel like you are such a big boy for only being alive for two years. I am so happy that my heart still skips a beat when I get you from your crib every morning. Your rascally blonde hair is always a mess and you are always ready to start the day with zeal, excitement and some mischief! Like I said last year, you have been given the gift of joy... and you bring it into our days everyday. You are very compassionate. Whenever you see someone upset or crying you want us to explain to you what is wrong. You love to dance and sing which brings many smiles into the house everyday. We love getting you early from the nursery at church so you can go to communion with us. You love dipping the bread in the wine... although you dont understand what you are eating, or what we are doing... I pray every time that you will love being in communion with God as much as you love EATING the communion! :)
You are so quick to say sorry when you do something wrong and love giving mommy and daddy hugs and kisses. We are so proud of the discipline you show when sitting in timeout or choosing to make right choices even when its hard. For instance today you were upset in the grocery store and I told you to make a good choice to be happy. Even though you were crying, you settled yourself down and had a better attitude.
When you were a tiny baby I prayed you would be creative. I am so glad you love coloring and drawing as much as you do. It is so fun spending hours a day coloring and creating with you. I also love your imagination. You have the best little voices and expressions when you are pretending.
Your daddy loves taking you to Starbucks every Saturday morning. We are so impressed you can say "Starbucks" and you love getting your very own pastry. You act like you own the place when you arrive. You walk in, grab a chocolate milk from the shelf and take it to the cashier where you ask for a "cheese" (cheese danish). Your daddy cherishes that one on one time he gets with you. He likes to ask you lots of questions and play with "little buzz" or any other toys you bring. When it is warm out he loves taking you on long bike rides. You love going over the bumps and scream "BUMP!" every time.
In some ways you are so independent and confident. You are very social and play so well with your friends. I will admit I am glad that in other ways you are still my baby and very dependent on mommy and daddy. You love a good snuggle and will let me hug you as long as I want. Sometimes I take thirty minutes when putting you to bed because I love all the giggles and snuggles. You love it when I sing Christmas carols to you or the "Bumblebee" song. You crack up when I say "Ouch, the bee, he stung me!"
Henry I am so honest when I say that I can see Jesus in you. I love that His Spirit is already working in your little heart and mind. I hope you see Him in the way your daddy and I parent you and interact with each other. We want nothing more for you to know how LOVED you are by us... and even more so by Jesus. It is a privilege to raise you and get to be in your life everyday. We cant wait for your snowman birthday party on Thursday! We love you Little Buddy!
4 comments:
Elizabeth, you should be a writer!! This is beautiful and so cool that Henry will have these. Happy Birthday little guy!!!
Elizabeth, that is so neat...I just love how you write!!!! Can't wait to give our little guy his birthday hugs and kisses!!!
Aw I just love him. He is such a blessing and joy. I can't believe he's 2! Happy Birthday, little man. (a little late).
wow im reading this at work and almost started crying!! you really have a gift of writing girlfran missy you :)
Post a Comment