Tuesday, December 6, 2011

strong love

I was listening to a song this morning and it resinated with my Spirit.  This time of year is a time of joy, hope, and love.  Yet many times our focus gets blurred and we lose sight of what is important.  More than giving, this is is a time to RECEIVE from our Savior.  We can only give to others what we have first received.  If we have rarely experience the deep love of God, we will be incapable of sharing that with others.  If we struggle to experience His joy and peace daily, we cannot offer that to anyone.  How and what we give should be an OVERflow of what the Savior has first given us.  

I am taking time lately to receive all the amazing things the Lord has for me.  I need to make time for Him.  I need to include Him in my plans for the day.  Its not only about NEEDING to do these things... my soul longs for it.  We were not made to live any other way.  This is how we can live fully! 

Join me in this season of giving and take time to receive everything the Spirit has for you! 

Strong Love lyrics

I know the end of the story
I come up from the wilderness, leaning on my Beloved

Your love is so high, Your love is so wide
Your love is so deep, Your love is so long

I know it's Your love, it's written on my heart
And there is not a flood that can quench this love
I know it's Your love, it's stronger than the grave

And death could never take me from this love

Death nor life nor angels nor powers
Present things nor things in the future
Height nor depth nor any created thing
Could separate me from Your love

It's Your strong love, Your strong love


No comments: