Monday, November 28, 2011

sweet boy

Today Henry said a few things that I just thought were so sweet. 
 I stepped on his bag full of little toys and said "ouch."  He looked up at me and said "You ot-ay mama?" 

After I made dinner tonight he said "Thanks eat mama." 

It just melted my heart.  I love seeing the Holy Spirit in him at such a young age.  He has definitely been gifted with the gift of joy.  He is ONE happy boy.  He is so quick to hug and love people.  I can start to see him thinking about things before making a decision.  Today we were coloring and he had two crayons in his hands.  I told him that Daddy and I did not have a crayon and maybe he could share one with either of us.  He looked at both the crayons then made a pouty face and said "mine."  I tried explaining it to him again that he had two and other people around him did not have any.  He looked at the crayons again and got a big smile and handed one to Jordan.  He then handed the other one to me and started clapping and saying "YAY!!!"  I love that he gets excited about making good choices.  I know toddlerhood comes with many tantrums and bad choices but I love to  point out the times when Henry makes good ones! 

Henry loves hearing how much Jordan and I love him.  He loves when we tell him how he makes us laugh and smile.  I love seeing his big toothy grin with his straggly hair.  He is one special kid.  

Jordan was talking at dinner about what it means to have faith.  I was listening and taking part in the conversation but Henry was coloring in his coloring book while we were talking.  Afterwards I asked Henry what daddy had been talking about at dinner...
He had his big eyes looks up then he said... "ummmmm... God."
I know he does not understand faith and all that.. but it was so sweet to me that he made the connection of the heart of the topic was correlated with God.

My sweet sweet baby boy! I love him so much! 

3 comments:

Vanessa Jergensen said...

I love him, too. Thanks for sharing the joys, Eliz. What a sweetheart.

Katie said...

those are all such sweet tidbits. you are an amazing mom, and henry is an amazing little boy!

Nicole Andre said...

seriously i need to start reading your blog more i feel so inspired :)