Monday, November 21, 2011

blessed!

I am so blessed.  These past few weeks I have felt so loved and cared for by my friends and family.  My kitchen is almost complete and I absolutely love it! It is so much easier to keep clean and I love the way it looks.  It is very "me."  :) 
I have had two different "surprise" showers for my new baby! I put the little parenthesis around surprise because the surprise on both of them both got messed up.  One of the showers was thrown by a small group of friends who I craft with once a month.  It was funny because the other pregnant girl and I were the first arrive to the party so we were surprised but there was no one there to celebrate with us! haha.  (the others showed up soon after.)  My girlfriends and I crafted the night away and made the most adorable onesies for the baby.  It was such a special night and I love that those girls thought to do something for me!!

My other shower was yesterday and I would have been completely surprised by that one... as I was leaving church my friend's mom came up to me and told me how her daughter was so sad she would not be at the shower today.  I did not really know what to say since I didnt know I was having a shower! My sister and good friend Sam had the perfect get together for me. :) My closest friends gathered and we hung out and ate some delish food! Conversation was entertaining as always... there is never a dull moment when my friends and I get together.  

Thanks to everyone who came and made me feel so special!!!!

Sorry I have not been updating at all about this pregnancy! I feel great and have no complaints at all.  I dont really even know what I would write about.  I cant believe I am going to meet our little baby girl in about a month!!! Its so surreal!! I pray every day for a smooth transition for our little family.  Henry has been such a joy lately.. I know he will be a great big brother.  

Henry's birthday is coming up and I am debating if I should have a party or not. Once thanksgiving hits everything goes by so fast.  I think I will have a party but make it very small and casual.  

I dont have any photos to post from the showers because I did not know to bring my camera ahead of time.  Oh well! :) 

2 comments:

Vanessa Jergensen said...

Can't wait to meet the baby girl! Wow...just a month left? Many blessings to you in the last few weeks.xoxo

Katie said...

oooh i want to see kitchen pictures! love you! wish i could have been at those showers to celebrate you :)