Well that was a long blogging hiatus. Sorry about that. We just spent five weeks in Oregon, and had a great time... but five weeks is a long time! Henry still isn't adjusted to this time zone and I just got to the grocery store and we've been home for four days. Oi vay!
I will post about our trip and include some pics but I haven't posted Hosanna's birthday note yet. We celebrated her birthday out in Oregon and she loved the cake! She licked the plate clean. We don't do big birthday parties in our family but we are very intentional how to celebrate that person on each of their special days. Since Hosanna just turned one that meant extra hugs and laughs, bc those are the things that make her most happy.
Dear Hosanna,
The day you were born will be one of the most memorable days of my life. You came sliding with ease into the world after only five hours after my first contraction. You have always had the sweetest spirit about you. So content and joyful, yet full of personality. You are very gentle and affectionate. My favorite times with you are after your feedings you just rest your head on my shoulder and let me hold you as long as I'd like.
From a young age you have been the best sleeper. That has been a real treat/gift to me. Even now you are just laying in your crib singing and you have been awake for 30 minutes. How content you are is really a gift from God. I hope you continue that trait your entire life. Not always longing for whats to come, or something you don't have, but instead smiling no matter the circumstance.
You have a spunky, fun side to you as well. You rarely cry if you fall or bonk your head. You were over nursing at about eight months and would just hang upside down and laugh when I would try to feed you. Keeping up with your brother comes easily and I think in a year or so you will give him a run for his money. You are so good for your brother. Like how you didn't cry when Daddy took you on the water slide that Henry was afraid of. I think you will encourage him to try new things and live adventurously. I am excited for the great times you to will have together.
You have your daddy wrapped around your finger. A few months after you were born, we went to church and saw a high school couple go up for communion together. Your dad whispered to me "Oh hell no!! My daughter will never be going up for communion with her boyfriend." This made me laugh so much because before you came along he wouldn't have even noticed such things.
I look at you every day and admire how beautiful you are. I love your pretty skin and your long eye lashes. Your almond eyes are so distinct and I love the pretty blue color. The curls on the back of your head are the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
Hosanna you are such a gift. I hope you soak in all the love so many people have for you. You are loved, loved little girl. Happy Birthday Little!



2 comments:
So sweet! I loved your note to Hosanna.....you have such a way with words Elizabeth!
i just loved reading this!
Post a Comment