Monday, August 19, 2013

August Ray

Hello everyone! I am back from a blogging hiatus to announce our newest joy August Ray Stone.  He was born on Wednesday August 14th at 12:06 am.  August came into this world with one heck of a birth story.  I will post that soon.  Until then, things are transitioning smoothly here.  The kids are adjusting really well to a new family member and we are enjoying the slow pace newborns bring.

We chose the name August because it means "respected among men."  The second I read that name meaning I thought of Jordan and how that description describes him perfectly.   Gus is named after him in my mind.  :)  Early in my pregnancy Jordan brought up the name August.  I was okay with it, but wanted to explore other names.  I came across the name Gus and it seemed so sweet to me.  Seeing Gus was short for August set the name in stone.

Gus' middle name is Ray because all our kids names are affiliated with "light."  While at the hospital we still did not have a middle name for Gus.  None of the middle names for boys meaning "light" really stuck with us, so it took a minute to decide.  Jordan suggested Ray as in "ray of light"and that was that. Ray's real meaning is "wise protector" which is awesome too!

Little Gus is the sweetest.  We can't get enough of him!



We took an unintentional blog break for the past while now.  Life has been so full and honestly the last thing I felt like doing was blogging.  I am getting the itch to get back into it again.  I find it so much easier to write a blog post on how things are going rather than filling empty lines in a baby book.  My hope is to write a weekly post sharing some fun adventures/stories our family shared together.  This may not appeal to outside viewers but it will be a treasure to our little family in years to come.  Reading the memories we have shared together.  

Next posts will include an update on the older kids and what they are up to... and Gus' birth story! 

2 comments:

Katie said...

He's sooo beautiful, Elizabeth! Love him already!

Jennifer said...

So sweet. Congrats!