Sunday, October 5, 2008

cleansing

As usual the Lord has been so good to us lately.  Jordan and I are in the middle of a 10 day fast.  It has been unbelieveable how faithful and graceful the Lord has been to us.  There are some things we are concecrating ourselves before the Lord for.  Jordan and I in particular are praying and asking God how he wants to move forward with a couples community.  I am also personally asking God to just be more for me than I usually allow him to be. As a community (there are twenty of us doing it) we are asking God that as we seek him we would find him.  Like in 2 Chronicles 15:4: 4 But in their distress they turned to the LORD, the God of Israel, and sought him, and he was found by them.

Anyways, I never thought I would be able to abstain from food for this long but for some reason it just seems really important and special if we do.  I really hope that through this experience I would learn to hunger for the Lord as I do for food each day.  In the word it says that "Man cannot live on bread alone."  It is so crazy to think how we just see things with our eyes in the flesh, there is so much more in the spiritual realm.  Jordan had a really cool experience where the Lord told him he would feed him in the Spirit and while he was working and fasting he would carry him throughout the day.  (Mind you this is day 4) Jordan afterwards said he had the most energy he had in a long time working.  It has been a very new and great experience seeing how the Lord is filling the place of food in our lives.  

I put this post on here not to brag or tell the world that we are fasting, but instead I am asking anyone who reads this will you please pray for Jordan and I and the rest of the community. God is on the move right now and doing great things.  We just hope we can be a part of it and align our hearts to his.  Also I hope this encourages you where you are at and brings praises to your heart to the Lord.  :)  Thanks for reading!
Love, Elizabeth

1 comment:

Kathy Stone said...

That's very neat - I'll be praying for you guys!