Wednesday, March 21, 2012

terrific twos!


I hate how people stereo-type different stages with catch phrases. Example: terrible twos... Henry definitely has moments where he is less than pleasant but so far being two has brought so much FUN to our home! Everyday there is a new adventure!! Here are some of the most recent.

Last week Jordan went to get Henry from his nap and noticed a very very strong smelling odor. When he looked over at Henry both of his hands were completely brown and covered with poop. Other than his hands he got it all over the sheets. Henry then explained to Jordan how he stuck his hands in his poop and that is was "yucky!" Jordan said he must have pooped then fell asleep because the poop on his hands was dry and stuck on there. Glad I was not home for that one!!
Henry keeps standing on chairs or other things he shouldn't. I have felt like a broken record telling him to get down. Well last week he was standing on a chair at my moms and the chair tipped over. Thankfully he wasn't hurt but it scared him straight. Now every time he sees a chair he says "I don't wanna fall down." Guess learning the hard way isn't so bad after all!! and i don't have to nag anymore either.

We just got Henry a new helmet. He is wearing a 8 year old sized helmet... Hey! Big heads means big brains!
Henry also has a new trick. When he wants to get attention from someone he goes over to them and winks. It hilarious. His whole face "winks" and it is better than the "stink face" he was giving before.
He has also been realizing he can have opinions on issues as well. He found some Sheriff Woody pjs and wanted to wear them to the fire station a month ago. I didn't really care because he is two and its adorable seeing a two year old run around a fire station dressed up as a cowboy. Today (its 80 out) he went to the grocery store with Jordan. As they were leaving he said "Wait I need my cap, and he went to the store wearing this. So funny.
I love love love who Henry is. He has the sweetest spirit. When riding in the car, if Jordan and I are having a conversation, he will say "What you talkin bout mom?" Another time in the car he told Jordan he wanted to be a police man when he gets big. Jordan told him he needed to ask God, and if God said okay he could. So now he goes up to people and says "I ask God if I be a policeman..."
Then another car ride, he told Jordan "I want to be God." After Jordan told him he couldn't he said "I want to be God... right now!!"

Jordan's car is really loud and the muffler is falling off. He let Henry ride around the block with him in the front seat and it was the highlight of Henry's life so far.. He tells everyone.. "My daddy has a race car!!"

Henry has been the sweetest with Hosanna. When he wakes up before her in the morning he says "I want Hosanna to wake up." THen he likes helping me carry her to where I nurse her. He also makes sure that he says bye to her when he leaves. He is so helpful and loving and attentive to her. He doesn't like when she cries and he says "Oh no! Hosanna needs her binky!"
Here he is nursing "Hosanna." :)

I know parenting is so hard in so many ways... but I think we tend to focus on that or the negative things rather than the MILLIONS of amazing things.


8 comments:

Jess said...

Love this post and your perspective! Sounds like the season of life we are in right now, there are bad moments, but there are tons and tons of amazing moments... I need to remember that :)

GRANDMA SHIRLEY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GRANDMA SHIRLEY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GRANDMA SHIRLEY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GRANDMA SHIRLEY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GRANDMA SHIRLEY said...

Elizabeth, You have an amazing way of sharing your thoughts.

I love your blog!

Remarkably well executed writing!

I'll be back!
Miss Shirley

Kathy Stone said...

I loved this!!!

Nicole Andre said...

i love that henry is trying to nurse thats awesome!