Wednesday, December 12, 2012

a kiddo update!

I havent updated my kids in a while on here.  I know every mom feels this way but I adore my kids.  I catch myself every day glancing over at them and thinking they are the cutest/funniest/sweetest things to ever walk the Earth.  What kind of mom would I be if I didnt think that?!

I love crappy iPhone photos... 
I will start with Hosanna.  Sweet sweet Hosy girl is quite the eater.  Adding her to the family has put a slight rise in the grocery bills.  She eats more than I do most meals.  No joke.  Today for lunch she had a pb and j, half a hot dog, ten grapes and two pieces of turkey.

We think Hos will make a great chiropractor one day....
She is so fun loving and spirited.  She loves her friend Maebyn (above).  Anytime Maebyn is around she weasels her way over to her and tries to talk to her, or steal her binky.  Its adorable.  She is learning to crawl.  Many a fires are roaring in the Stone household, and I have to be really careful with her.  If she could pull herself up onto the fireplace she would crawl into the fire.

Sister has the weirdest crawling techniques...
Her brother is her absolute favorite.  She yells and tries to keep up with whatever he is doing.  She will also try to repeat the words he says.  The only words she says on command are "dada" and "pop pop."

She usually wakes up at 6 am and I go in and feed her a bottle.  After her bottle she rests her head on me for about five minutes then I put her back in her crib and she will sleep til about eight.  Its my absolute favorite "Hosanna time" and that is a special memory I will have with her as a baby.

My ol roomie, Kacia from Coconut Robot, made another loot of goodies for Hosanna and I... (I'll show more later...) Boots, scarf and hat are from her. 

She is finally learning baby sign language.  Henry caught onto it really fast while Hosanna took a little longer.  She now knows "more."  Its helped with the high pitched screeching she used before.

Now on to my sweet sweet Henry.  I will touch more on this year memories on my annual birthday letter for him.  I have been so so proud of Henry lately.  He (like any other two year old) makes bad choices.  The past few weeks or so I have seen him respond so well to the discipline and training we have put in place.  Rather than whining when he doesn't get his way or throwing a fit he has been instead saying "Okay mama, I trust you."  I still want to whine when I don't get my way, so I know how hard it is for kids.  Seeing him learn to trust that Jordan and I know what is best for him, couldn't make me prouder.

playing silly faces at Grammies..
He is the most imaginative kid I have ever met.  No joke, 70% of the day he is pretending to be someone/something else other than Henry.  He is Santa, a dog, our neighbor, a zebra, anything you name it... He uses accents and you cannot call him "Henry" while he is in character or he looks at you like, "DUH Mom, I am not Henry I am Frosty the Snowman.. get you stuff together..."
Lately he loves pretending to be Frosty and wears his "Frosty hat" everywhere.  Every time he puts it on he says "Happy birthday!!"

who knew Frosty shopped at Target???
He also still loves to sing and knows a ton of songs.  He lately has shown interest in the "trumpet" and says he wants play like his Pop Pop... *Jordan's dad played the trumpet.*  Definitely does not get that from my side of the family.  Probably from Jordan's, considering they harmonize the Happy Birthday song, while I stand there and lip sync so I don't mess up someone's harmony!

He has been learning how to pray for people and that has been really sweet.  Usually before it would be "Pray for Buzz and Woody" but now he can come up with specific requests for specific people.

This kid gets so happy when receiving Birthday cards... the one from Aunt Jean even came with stickers!!
He also is learning his letters and can write a 'H' and an 'E.'  He also draws smiley faces which are really cute.  He will draw a hundred of them over and over and over.  We still aren't sure if he is right or left handed but I am leaning more towards right.  

Thats all for now! Henry's birthday letter will be the next post!

1 comment:

Kathy Stone said...

Loved your kiddo update!! Thanks so much for all the pictures and fun stories!!