Henry, Happy happy three years to you. Three is a really big number. You are by no means a baby anymore. Potty trained, learning your letters and remembering right from wrong.
I really feel as though I have gotten to know you this year. You've come into your own and I love all the little things that set you a part from others. Seeing how creative and imaginative you are brings much joy and laughter to my every day. Its also caused me to try to be more imaginative as well. To think of things that aren't yet but could be. To dream. My favorite is when you play zoo animals. You talk in your "animal voice" and hardly get out of character. Or when we play school you call me "teacher" and never mommy. Such a fun boy.
I am also amazed on how well you have transitioned into a big brother this year. You are so dear to your sister and treat her so well. Seeing if she needs something, and meeting those needs has always come easy to you. You are great at popping that binky in her mouth or handing her a toy. You make her smile and laugh like no one else.
Henry, though you are only three, you have some big responsibilities in our family. You are the first born. Hosanna and your future brothers and sisters will look up to you. No matter what you do or how you act they will always want to be like you and think you are the greatest. Though it seems like a hard job at times, and maybe unfair, I know you can handle the responsibility.
My favorite times with you are when I get you up in the morning. You want me to come in and lay with you and snuggle for a minute. I will do that as long as you let me! My other favorites are when you glance over at me while doing something and give me the "thumbs up". You are a great singer too. It thrills me that you love spending time as a family. Not only with Daddy and me, but your grandparents and aunts too. Everyone loves you so much!
When we named you Henry, we knew it meant "ruler of the home." I did not particularly like that meaning nor have a connection to it. Now I love your name's meaning. I can already see how you are a person of influence and not easily swayed by others. You are strong, yet tender and compassionate. Smart, yet humble and a good listener/learner.
Henry, this year I bless you with the gift of knowing how loved you are. It doesn't matter how often you mess up, if you can't accomplish things, get left out, or if other mishaps come your way. (they will!) You are loved in spite of those things. God doesn't care about those things. He cares about your heart and that it is tied to His. And same with me... I want a relationship with you. To know you, even if I know the yucky things... and I will love you anyways! Promise.
1 comment:
Elizabeth,
Our daughter's name too means "ruler of the home". Thank you for your words on it. I LOVE that you see him as an influncer. I think that is just the right word to re-vision that as. And I think I am claiming that for Emery too! Happy Birthday Sweet Henry--we enjoy reading updates about you here in Michigan. My almost 4 year old Reese used to love watching your videos you posted. Maybe you could do some more soon? : )
Post a Comment