So a few days ago I was "retreating" to the bathroom, like I usually do when I need just a minute to talk on the phone with a friend. All the sudden, I hear Jordan hootin' and hollerin' about something and screaming for me to come out. I didn't know what was going on, so I told him give me a minute. He couldn't contain himself... he said "Hurry, you have to see this!"
So I finally came out to see what the fuss was about. He was holding a piece of paper and $100. Someone had sent us a poem; in fact, it was probably one of the funniest poems I'd ever read. It stated how they wanted to support us in our Sabbath year by providing $50 funds to go on date nights!! Then it said since Christmas is here, and Hosanna and Henry's birthdays, they wanted to start by giving us $100.
I cannot tell you how loved this made me feel. Yes, I am so excited to have some funds to go on date nights with my husband. We were planning on going on dates this year, but they were probably going to look more like sitting at Barnes and Nobles, playing cards. Now we can go out to dinner or a movie!
The thing that THRILLED me and still gets me emotional when thinking about it, is that someone went out of there way to say "We are standing beside what you are doing." I feel most people are excited to see what will happen this year, and wish well things on us. But for someone to stand beside us, and support us is really special. Not only are they supporting us, but giving us a gift so Jordan and I can enjoy one another and do something fun?! This totally shows the heart of the Father. Not only does He want to provide for our basic needs; he wants to provide for the little fun things as well.
Based on the amazing humor of the poem, Jordan and I immediately had a hunch who sent this. I even saw the wife of the couple since, and it took everything in me not to give her the biggest hug. They chose to give anonymously but I have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH. Not only do we feel loved by you, but we really feel loved by God through your thoughtfulness.
No comments:
Post a Comment