Well I am officially half way through this pregnancy. Its so strange the differences between the first and third pregnancies. I had to count the weeks right before posting this because I was not sure how many weeks I am. First time I would have known exactly how many weeks and days I was. Its not a bad thing. Life has been very full and fun. We just spent a week in Florida and it was so nice to get away. We got to visit with Jordan's mom and aunt and uncle. We also got to see one of our best friends marry the love of his life. Weddings are good for the soul and so is sunshine.
But now I am back to the ugly cold and snow of Cincinnati. :( I decided this week needs to be a Spring Cleaning week for the Stones. I usually wait til one of the first warm weeks of spring where we can open the windows and get to work. Well it doesn't seem to be getting warm and the house is looking dustier and grimier as the weeks pass. A deep cleaning is in order. There is something therapeutic about deep cleaning your house. Knowing the corners and crevices are clean and dealt with.
Back to this pregnancy. We had our ultrasound over a week ago. It went well and we successfully did not find the gender. Usually on the ride home from the ultrasound we talk about names and how excited we were to have a boy or girl. This time we just looked over the ultrasound pictures and moved on with our day. It may have left the ultrasound day more boring but I am hoping the excitement at the birth will make up for it. This baby seems to be a lot more lazy than Hosanna was in the womb. When I told Jordan that last night he said "Praise God!!" Hosanna is quite the ball of energy. I can feel the baby moving constantly but it is small little pings. Even at the ultrasound the baby was not very cooperative. The technician told us we may have to go in again to get more measurements.
I havent had many cravings this pregnancy. Although today, when checking out at the grocery store, I saw Grapevines licorice and immediately chucked it in the cart. They were good too! The first few months I craved a fried egg every morning. After three bites the taste and texture would almost make me throw up. So I would regularly throw away half eaten eggs.
We have a boy name we really like but haven't settled on a girl name. Some families we've met wait until after their babies are born to name them and that has been appealing to me lately. Who knows it may be a few hours/days before our baby is officially named!
Two of my closest friends are pregnant and due within weeks of me. I am so excited for them all to grow up together. But it will be a bummer that we can't help each other right after the babies are born. We will all be in survival mode.
Well I can't really think of anything else to update on. I feel great and am excited for WARM WEATHER... Can I get an amen?!
Happy almost April.
4 comments:
So exciting to wait to find out! Can't wait to hear more updates next week!!
Yay! Yes, the surprise of girl or boy will be worth the wait :) :)
excited for you guys!!
another baby Stone makes me so happy :) Glad you are doing well and so glad you got some sun!
ps I craved that licorice too. funny!
yay for summer babies! can't wait for them all to get here!
Post a Comment