Thursday, March 7, 2013

So I know I just blogged about the kids sharing a room but I am learning so much about them through this little room shift.

Henry is totally going to be the kid who calls his mom to come home early from sleepovers.  Not because he is scared but just likes being home in his own bed and comfortable space.  Hosanna is going to be the girl who is awake and talking and everyone else is fast asleep.

That is what is going on right now.  Henry is cashed out, hasn't spoken a word since he hopped in bed. Hosanna fell asleep sitting up and babbling.  In a few minutes here I will hear her "thud" because she finally tipped over.  I love it.

(see I told ya.. we stay in our jammies!)
How are you guys surviving these past few weeks?  Jordan joked about moving somewhere warm because this time of year affects me.  I don't get the kind of depressed where I am weepy or super negative.  I just stay in my pajamas, and really don't leave the house.  No really, I don't leave.  I just stay home unless I have a place to go.  This little winter time habit started when I had Hosanna.  Lugging two kids around is a completely different story than one. Especially when we really have no place we need to be and we are in a season where we are trying not to spend money.
Maybe I am just a newfound homebody.  Either way, I can't wait to be outside.  To hear the birds chirping when I wake up.  To wear shorts.  It really seems like decades when I was comfortable in my house with a tank top and shorts.  I can't wait!!

It looks like we are hopefully at the tail end of this winter.  It was fun building a six foot snowman yesterday but it would have been more fun to walk to Starbucks or have a water fight with Henry.  Soon enough!

1 comment:

Rachel Jones said...

Glad I'm not the only one staying home in comfy clothes!! It's SO hard going out with 2 especially in the winter and it's hard when lucy's whining "stay home!!!" haha :)