I can't tell you how well its gone. We put Hosanna down every night around 7 and Henry down around 7:30. We told Henry if he went to bed without waking his sister up fifteen times he could go to the toy store and pick out a toy. Some nights he would ask us if he could go to bed to get his sticker, so he can get his toy.
For fifteen nights straight he didn't wake her up! Now instead of waking up every morning at 8, Hosanna gets up when Henry does around 7:15. That is the only real change that has happened since the move. Some nights Hosanna is teething and cries for an extended amount of time, (sometimes an hour) in the middle of the night. Henry did not even wake up. I was really surprised by that!
The girl living with us actually fell through, so now we have an extra empty bedroom if anyone wants to visit! I am so glad we bit the bullet and moved them in together. We've always wanted our kids to share a room and even though the transition may be unpractical, its really good for them to have to share space and it has created a lot of "Henry and Hosanna Only" time that wouldn't happen naturally.

This is the only picture I have of their room, and it isn't even the whole room. Don't mind Henry's creepy face... and not sure why he is in her crib?! Henry has a bunk bed from Ikea that Hosanna will sleep on the bottom of once she's in a bed. Sidenote: Now they are in there roaring like lions. Crazy kids.
Let me know if you are about to transition your kids to sharing a room.
2 comments:
I can't believe Henry's comment! What a crack up! I'll be coming and using that room...that's for sure! :)
Love you all!
I love hearing this - it is something we would love to do too at some point especially when we have a third (Lord willing!). Thankful it's gone so well for you guys! And congrats on #3! SO wonderful!!!
Post a Comment