Thursday, February 7, 2013

kiddo update


Man every time I sit to blog I don't know what to blog about.  Its not that nothing is going on, instead its quite the opposite.  There are so many different angles I could take, updates on the kids, Jordan not working, kids now sharing a room, the house church we are a part of, the friendships we've developed that feel more like family, surviving February (when will it be May?!).  Anyways all that to say is there is plenty going on here in the Stone world.

Having Jordan home has allowed me to enjoy my kids in ways never imaginable.  I have more energy, more patience.  I am up for little adventures I would normally think would be too much.

I cannot emphasize to you guys how different my two kids are.  Henry is as sweet as can be, a rule follower, and has the best imagination.  He is a great question asker.  I mean it; for a three year old his questions aren't annoying.  Most of the time they are really good questions.  He is so thoughtful.  Every action, movement, and word he says is thought out and purposeful.  His heart is easy to read and I am thankful he excitedly participates in our "family God time."  He is getting better at not melting down whenever something doesn't go according to plan.  We are also working on when someone says "hi" to him, he can't cover his face but instead looks at them and says "Hi I am Henry."  We don't let Henry use the excuse of being shy.  He can be quiet but he can't hide behind "shy" as an excuse to not be polite or cordial to people.  Its so funny when people come up to him, because he will look away for a moment when they say "hi" and they will say, "Oh he is shy."  Then really loudly he responds "I am not shy I am just quiet."  People probably look at us like we are crazy.  Its probably true.


Hosanna is just as much of a joy as Henry but SO different.  So so independent.  When she is hurt she wants to be held but not coddled.  She is so adventurous.  Today at the Children's museum she just went down the slide head first and was cracking up.  She likes to be treated like a big girl and kind of picks on Henry.  Henry would never lay a finger on her and she has no problem crawling over to him and wacking him.  She loves taking binkies from her friends and is so playful.  Honestly I feel like I am just now getting to know her better.  I have always loved her so much but feel like just now I am REALLY getting to know who she is.  She eats anything.  Last night she ate three stalks of asparagus.  She has really packed on the pounds lately.  I think I am finally getting that chubby baby I have always dreamed of!


Well there is more news to share but I will save that for another post.  Hope everyone is well.  Thanks for letting me publicly document whats going on with my kids.  I find it easier to write on here than the baby book! :)

3 comments:

Nicole Andre said...

yay!! love it <3

Kathy Stone said...

I love that you write it here instead of the baby book....because I wouldn't get to read that very often!!
Thanks for the fun post!

Katie said...

it's so awesome that you are getting to enjoy your kids in new ways with jordan being at home. i love that!