Friday, February 22, 2013

pregnancy blog brain...

Sorry I haven't been on here much.  I am glad the "cat is outta the bag" for this pregnancy.  I didn't mean to wait 15 weeks to tell everyone but for one reason or the other I couldn't get into the doctor until 14 weeks.  I always love to hear that sweet baby heartbeat before sharing the news.

Sooo.. we are so so excited.  :) But before I go into what's happening right now and all that excitement we are having, let me talk to you about the day I found out I was pregnant.

A friend of mine had a baby.  Not only did she have a beautiful baby but she had one of the fastest, most beautiful, unplanned natural labors in the history of human kind.  My friend MaKenzie and I were visiting her at the hospital and all the sudden I started feeling nauseous.  The unexplainable kind of nauseous that you only know if you've been pregnant before.  I shook it off and thought I was a good friend for having "sympathy nausea."

The next morning that feeling was back.  It was a Monday and my mom comes over every Monday to do an activity with the kids and I.  Monday's are also Jordan's day to have to himself.  This particular day he went to a local prayer room to pray for the morning.  I asked my mom if she'd watch the kids for a minute so I could run an errand.  I booked it to the grocery and bought the cheapest pregnancy test I could find.   Why are they so expensive?!?! Straight from there I went home, walked in the bathroom and peed on the stick.  After a few short moments I saw that unmistakeable line.  I put the stick in the bathroom drawer, walked out straight to my cell phone and texted Jordan: "I am pregnant.  Not sure how I feel about it."  My mom, kids and I got into the car, drove to the zoo, when Jordan got the text.  He tried calling me like six times and I didn't pick up.  My mom was around and although I love and trust her completely, I like to have some time before sharing the big news.

I texted him again and told him I couldn't talk because we were out.  He then texted me back and said "I know this is God.  I am so happy I am shaking!! I couldn't be more excited."  That message made me smile and still does whenever I think back on it.  Typical Jordan fashioned.  Voluntarily unemployed and his wife is pregnant.  Does he freak out? No.  And on top of that his first honest reaction is pure joy.  That's why I married this man.

Dont get me wrong.  I never did not want this baby or anything.  But let me remind you at this time it had been less than a year since I was in labor, up all night with an infant, had many breast feeding woes, and just put in a ton of really hard work.  And in 10 short months it would all happen again.

Since Day 1 I have praised God for this sweet sweet baby.  I am so excited for the life inside of me.  All the things that stressed me out at first have now turned into joy.  And so what if I can't drink beer with the neighbors this summer? I can't keep up with their drinking ways anyways. ;)

So fast forward a little bit and here we are.  Every time I sit down to blog here's what comes to mind.  "Hmm what should I blog about?  I wonder what kind of Girl Scout cookies we have left?  It's so cold out... its making me depressed.  Let me text Carolyn and see if she will bring me a cheese coney on her way home from work." You get the drift.

Aren't you glad that is what I have spared you from the past few months.  ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ha! Love that last part! Roxann shared with me last week so I had to come look for myself. Congrats to you all, I pray you have a great pregnancy and birth.