Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Morning


Well it is Sunday morning and Jordan is working before church as he usually does every Sunday. He likes this shift though because he gets off at 9:30 and still gets to go to church and play golf! :) This morning I woke up and realized it is the 27th of April. Calvin (a guy we went to Nepal with) is moving back to Nepal in three days. When I think about him going back there for three years my heart gets excited for him. At the same time, when I realized he was leaving so soon I got a bit teary eyed. I really think sometimes that Jordan and I left part of our hearts over there. I am really missing Nepal and its people right now. Especially Saida, Prabin, Laxmi, Parbati, Anita and Aniel.

Yesterday I met with a lady friend from church. We both are doing the same Bible Study right now called Women of Wisdom. I dont know if I would recommend the Bible Study but there was a cool part that got me thinking. We were to come up with three dreams we have for our life. Well knowing me, I cant just say "having kids, a big house and a good relationship with God," which let me thinking about the question for quite some time. Heres what I came up with

1. Being a woman of prayer- I really want my life to be a constant conversation with God. I hope I am, and will be a woman who before giving advice, saying my opinion or anything else, takes a moment to talk to God. Everyone who knows me knows I am not really the type who spends hours sitting and praying, but that does not mean I cant pray without ceasing. Along with talking to God, I want to hear what he has to tell me. I want to know what he thinks about me and how he wants to bless others. Being a prayer warrior, to me, doesnt mean praying a long time everyday or lifting up heartless requests to God. Instead, I hope my prayers break things in the spiritual realm and go straight to Gods heart.

2. Knowing Gods perspective on things: Ever since I was little I have always felt God has told me he has huge plans for my life. Well for years I thought, WOW! I cant wait to be the next Heidi Baker or Beth Moore! But after being in Nepal, God really changed my views on what "huge plans" are. The woman I lived with in Nepal did not have a high role in her church or wasnt a charasmatic speaker. Instead, she was just a tiny woman who prayed and fasted for her church and nation daily. I would hear her every morning and night crying out to God for hours. One night while lying in my bed, I heard God tell me, "She is fulfilling the huge plans I have for her life." Gods kingdom is so twisted from this worlds. My hope is as I grow, I learn his kingdom and begin to live by it instead of this world.

3. Being a radical Christ follower while having a family: This one is a bit confusing. One day I really want to have a family, have some kids, adopt some, foster some, whatever. But at the same time I do not like how in America, having kids consumes many people. From the day their children are born until they move out it is all about them. I want my children to feel loved but at the same time, when they look at me and Jordan, I want them to know without a doubt the Lord is overwhelmingly first. Jesus sometimes did not seem like the ideal "family man." Like the time he was speaking to the crowd, and Jesus was informed his mother and brother were there. Instead of acknowledging them, he said to the crowd, "You are my family." Anyways, I hope the Lord reveals to me what this looks like, because I don't have a clue! :)

Well that's it from me today, I hope everyone has a good day. I don't even know if anyone looks at this, but even if no one does, it is good for me to write my thoughts out. Alright!! Cya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,
I read this! and I love you and
Jordan. yesterday I was telling someone about my family and I couldnt stop smiling. I really appreciate my time with you and jordan! love you and call me soon!
-cooch

Michael and Jill said...

Hey Elizabeth! I'm so happy that you have a blog! I can keep up with how things are going with you and Jordan now! I love you!

Kathy Stone said...

I love you both!!!!
Mom