Saturday, December 27, 2008

bun is out of the oven...

Well, I was waiting until after Christmas to tell anyone that I was pregnant. I took a test right before Halloween and it came back extremely positive. I am glad I waited because I miscarried the Friday before Christmas. Overall Jordan and I are doing very well. It was extremely hard because we werent expecting to get pregnant and as the months went by the idea began to grow on us. Another sucky thing is my body did not pick up that I was not pregnant. I went in for another ultrasound before my D & C and my sac (whatever the area is where the baby grows) was ginormous! Then up in the corner was a tiny looking bean thing that would have been Mini. We are not questioning God about this or are not angry about it. Instead we are just dealing with the raw feelings and emotions that come with this sad news. I had a D&C yesterday which was my 12 week point and the baby only grew to be about 8.5. RIP: Mini. I am still in a lot of pain from the procedure. I feel like everyone has told me there is no pain afterwards. Seemingly in my life, I get the shaft in the "No Pain" department. My dad has a toothache and he has a few Vicanin (sp?) left over and he said I can take a couple for the plane ride to Oregon tonight. Thanks Daddy!! Anyways, I am still bleeding a ton (bought some jumbo pads) and I do not really know what to expect from here. Jordan and I are enjoying it just being the two of us until the Lord decides we need an addition. We are thanking God for all of the things we have been learning during Mini's short life. :)

Christmas in Cincinnati was the best one yet (despite the circumstances)!! My family all got along wonderfully and enjoyed the holiday together. It looks like Jordan and I are going to be on a lot of date nights in January. I got him tix to the Omnimax (hes never been), he got me tix to Grease (broadway across america) and all our friends pitched in and bought us a Montgomery Inn gift card, money for gas, and a movie gift card. I think it will be good for us to go on all these date nights. :)

Well I better get packing for Oregon. I am excited to be out there for 10 days but a little bit overwhelmed due to the raging hormones and all the pain my body is experiencing right now. Please pray for us and our trip. Love, E

No comments: