Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I am home after being in Oregon for ten days. It was a great trip with its ups and downs. I got pretty sick which wasnt supposed to happen since I got the D & C procedure. It was good to spend time with Jordan's family and relax. Jordan's sister is having a girl. She told us all on Christmas Eve which was neat. I havent been an aunt yet so I dont really know what I am supposed to do. Is there certain aunt duties I do not know about? Maybe pinching cheeks and handing them goodies while the parents arent watching? Who knows.

I am learning that I am a very sensitive person. People may not associate me as sensitive because I am outgoing and am a strong person. However things effect me that may not affect others. For instance, we watched an entire season of 24 while in Oregon and since I feel like I am in the show. When we were on the planeride home I thought someone was going to shoot it down and I kept looking for terrorists on the plane. Ive also been having dreams that I am with President Palmer and am trying to fight the bad guys. Who says what you watch and listen to doesnt affect you?? :)

Well it feels good being home. Even though its back to the grind, it is refreshing to be back to normalcy. Especially after the crazy month Jordan and I have just had. Some people have asked me what the Lord has been teaching Jordan and I over the past month, and I told them I'd post some of the experiences on here. I havent gotten a chance but hope to do that soon. Wishing everyone a happy New Year!! Muah!

1 comment:

michelle said...

I'm glad you guys are home! We have missed you! By the way, I had the same experience when I watched multiple of episodes of 24 in a row. I thought that was real life and I was waiting for the world to end. I think that contributed to the start of my anxiety! So now I don't watch it anymore.

Can't wait to see you on Sunday!