So this week was a great week. Jordan and I went to see two movies, which accounts for more than we saw in 2008 as a whole.
First we saw Slumdog Millionaire, which I had mixed feelings about. It was wonderfully made and was very artsy etc.. However spending time in Nepal and India working with street children I found it very hard to watch. Seemingly everything worked out for the characters in the end and their past did not affect them in anyway. It brought back all the memories of working with children in India and Nepal and the consequence on their lives from living on the streets. Tourists would come through the city and would give children 40 dollars then take them to their hotel rooms and rape them. The children would then begin to conduct the sexual acts done to them, onto other street children and dogs nearby. Along with that, most street children became addicted to huffing glue as young children, and later addicted to heroine and other drugs. When talking to the children on the streets, they are so used to lying to people, they have a hard time distinguishing between fact and reality themselves.
The main character in the movie along with his love interest seem to have no consequences from their lives on the streets. Most people could push that fact and enjoy the movie, but I couldnt. The whole way home in the car I was sad and didnt want to talk. haha, not the reaction Jordan was looking for after taking me on a date.
The next movie we saw was Gran Torino. Which I loved. Terrible language but a great Messianic story. The main character was somewhat endearing to me because he reminded me of my grandma. She was quite the spit fire and had a mouth on her, but had a heart of a saint.
Its been a strange adjustment moving into the routine of this school quarter. Jordan and I often think of how different this time would be if Mini was still with us. I was quite excited while pregnant because that meant after school was over this year, I wouldnt have to work, but instead take care of the baby. Well, change in story and now I dont know what I am going to do. Ive been praying what this next season in my life will have in store now that I miscarried. Am I going to get pregnant again? Was that just a flux? Should I start a career (haha jk!)? Start a couples community? Please be praying for me and the direction the Lord has on the next part of my life. :) Happy Sunday, Go Steelers, beat the Ravens!! 6:30 Eastern time.
No comments:
Post a Comment