Thursday, February 26, 2009

I got tagged too!

How fun! I got tagged by a friend. Now I am supposed to say 7 random things about me. Hmm lets see.
1. I have never eaten a banana. They truly scare me. I cant watch people eat them, be around them , smell them or let alone taste them. Blah. Sorry I am a banana hater. Gag...

2. I often spell things out that I am saying with my finger. I don't really know when this started or why I do it. I think its just something weird I do. My friend Chelsie will always ask what I am spelling while we are having conversations.

3. One of my top accomplishments I have ever done is fasted for ten days. I cannot believe I did it. Still to this day. Usually if I miss lunch I am so crabby. Fasting is such a crazy thing, its so weird how often we crave food and how little we crave Jesus. Fasting kind of realigns our hearts to Gods.

4. I can crack lots of parts of my body. My ankle, big toe, neck, jaw, groin (yes kinda weird...), back, fingers... By the time I am fifty I will have arthritus.... all over my body.

5. I really want to go on the Amazing Race with Jordan or my friend Jean. I would love to experience "racing" around the world with the love of my life. I think he would get mad at me a lot though bc i would complain. haha. Everyone thinks me and Jean are hilarious together. We have the same spunky personality. If we were on the show together we would be bound to get a lot of laughs (and last place).

6. My favorite car is a Subaru. I often dont tell people this because once I told a random man that and he was like "Oooo so you have a little Melissa Etheridge in ya." I didnt really get what he meant until he clarified, "so you are a closet lesbian." Whats so lesbianish about a Subaru?, you gotta love the hatchbacks!! :)

7. I really have been enjoying the "lover" part of Jesus lately (which is weird bc Captivating really wasnt my favorite book). Jesus knows how to love us so well. I feel like a lot of people never ask him to be a lover in their lives. He wants to be a part of every part of our days, we just have to ask him. Misty Edwards writes this amazing song called "Please Say Yes." In it she sings over and over "Do you want me? Will you have me? Will you love me? Please say yes." In the beginning I thought she was singing wondering if they Lord wants her and loves her. Then as you get into the song you realize its Jesus asking us "Do you want me? Will you have me? Will you love me? Please say yes." He can be so much to us!! Thanks Jesus! :)

1 comment:

michelle said...

Out of all the people I tagged, I was most excited for your answers because I knew they would be interesting. You didn't let me down!