Monday, April 13, 2009

another stormy evening

I am learning some of my favorite times at home are times where Jordan and I just sit.  We do not have to hang out or talk but we can just "BE" together.  We both know we love each other so much that there isn't anything we really have to do.  We can just relax.  Its so comfortable.  :)

So getting back to the topic of being mad at God, I read something that related to the subject.  In a Taylor Magazine we get every few months, there is an article a couple wrote who have two kids that are going to die.  Both of their children have a disease that will only allow them to live another few years or so.  The woman was asked if she was ever mad at God.  She replied that sometimes she is angry.  Lets face it, who wouldn't be?  She then gave some wise words a friend of hers gave her before the tragedy.  Her friend told her "Its okay to be angry with God,  as long as you keep the relationship going."  So many people are angry at God and become silent.  They in essence "end" their relationship with Him.  It is so important that even when the feelings are not "warm and fuzzy" he still wants to talk with us and live through us.  So whether ones had a miscarriage, gotten divorced, wants to get a divorce, doesn't like themselves, doesn't like their job, is not married etc... It is so important that we bring that to the Lord.   That we share that emotion with Him.  Thats the reason He died and rose, is so He can take the hard stuff we CANT deal with.  Not just all the warm stuff that looks good or feels good.  This is sensitive to me lately bc I feel I do this so much.  I feel like whenever somethings really bad in my life I have to figure it out and then bring it to the Lord.  I am learning there is a better way.

No comments: