Well in normal Cincinnati fashion we have gone from winter straight to summer. The past two days have been a high of 95. We have not turned our air conditioning on yet. Thankfully our house stays pretty cool during the day. I cant say we will last much longer. It seems like this hot weather is on the forecast indefinitely.
I need to take some photos of our back yard right now. It totally looks like hillbilly heaven. We have two blown up pools laying out.. one has a plastic slide going into it. The other is a Heineken pool which we refer to as the "adult swim" area. Its a little deeper and perfect for adults to sit in if they want to escape the heat. :)
Our garden is planted and I am loving tending to it daily. The carrots and onions are starting to sprout along with my assortment of tomatoes! My lettuce is already fully grown in and ready to clip. And the basil is looking gorgeous. :)
I remember all winter waiting for the days I could lounge around the house in tank tops and shorts.. now I am doing it. :) I love seeing my little baby boy sit next to me in his diaper. I did not even dress him yesterday. He just rocked the diaper all day long. Love it! :)
I thought it is time to add another recipe to this blog. This is one of my absolute favorites to make in the summer. Its so good and refreshing... I love serving it with grilled meat.
Enjoy!!
4 large ripe tomatoes, cubed small 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, cut into pieces ½ cup cleaned fresh basil leaves, cut into strips 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced 1 cup olive oil ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon pepper 1 and ½ pounds linguine Freshly grated imported Parmesan cheese (optional) Combine tomatoes, Brie, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in large serving bowl. Prepare at least 2 hours before serving and set aside, covered, at room temperature. Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in large pot. Add 2 tablespoons salt and linguine; boil until tender but still firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and immediately toss with the tomato sauce. Serve pasta, passing the peppermill, and the grated Parmesan cheese (if using).
No comments:
Post a Comment