When Henry woke up this morning at 5 am I had to repeat "Its going to be a good day..." over and over in my head. Most of the time when he wakes up super early or has a rough night/day I curse the day by thinking "Oh man its going to be a long day..." or "I bet Henry is going to be super difficult today."
While today so far hasn't been an amazing day by any means. I refuse to set my mind that it will be one way or another before it has started.
Henry is at a stage where he is definitely testing the limits. He would watch tv all day if I would let him. And he asks to watch tv all day. (Not going to happen buddy!) While this season of testing can be extremely tiring there are many wonderful aspects too.
For instance yesterday Henry wanted to watch a clip of something on the computer. Jordan was working on the computer and told him that if he waits patiently he can watch the clip when J was done. Instead of throwing a tantrum, Henry just said "okay" and waited patiently until Jordan was through. We got to shower Hank with hugs and kisses and tell him how proud we were of his good decisions.
I am thankful the Lord has given me a good perspective (most of the time) on having a spirited child. Its so easy to compare him to other kids who tend to be more "easy." I really am thankful Henry is the way he is. I love seeing him grow and learn to trust me. Almost every time I tell Henry "In one minute I am going to change your diaper." or "In five minutes we are leaving the pool." He says "okay" and obeys without a tantrum.
It is incredible to already see the Lord working on his heart and teaching him to trust. :) :) Makes me so proud.
I am not saying that "positive thinking" changes outcomes of days. I do believe however there is power in the tongue and that speaking negative things over your child never helps anything. Why not choose to speak words of life and love over our babies instead of speaking out how "bad" or "hard" they are??
3 comments:
so proud of your attitude! Just had an EPIC meltdown over here at the Hosmer house! Mommy kept Harlow awake a bit too long!
i love the toy story popcorn picture! now that is a good day.
I absolutely love reading your blog!! You are such an amazing mom and have so much wisdom...just wanted to let you know that I have learned a lot from you =)
Post a Comment