Things have been so much fun around here. The adjustment to the new baby has been going so smoothly! I am so blessed to have my mom in town, Jordan's mom in town from Oregon and Jordan has two and a half weeks off from work. The "true" transition will come next week when Jordan's mom goes home and Jordan goes back to work. Thankfully I have so many great friends who live close and my mom is so eager to help whenever I need it too...
Henry has been responding so well to Hosanna. After Jordan and I read books to him before bed, Jordan and Hosanna left the room. Henry started pouting and saying "MY Hosanna!! My Hosanna!" It was sweet. He is so gentle around her and I don't have to worry about him being aggressive with her. He responds really well when I nurse her and plays with Jordan or by himself. I thought we would have dvds playing all day once the baby came but we have not had to do that.
I have gotten to take Henry on two dates since the baby has been born. I took him to the bookstore and Starbucks one day, then tonight I took him to Target to look at all the toys. His behavior gets so much better when we get some time just the two of us. Its really fun for me too! :)
Hosanna is such a sweet spirited baby. She smiles so much in her sleep and is very mild tempered. The past three nights she has slept 8 to 10 hours straight.!! I am not expecting that to last for long but I receive that blessing every night the Lord gives it to me! :) She nurses really well and has the sweetest almond eyes. She looks just like me as a baby. Her eyes and nose!! Right now her hair is dark in the back and lighter in the front. I am not sure what color it will be, Henry had a little brown hair when he was born and it fell out and turned blond!
I am recovering amazingly from my labor. I have so much more energy than I did throughout my entire pregnancy and have enjoyed each day with our new little family!!!
People have been asking me for the meaning and significance of her name. There are two main meanings for the name/word Hosanna: one being "please save, or save now." The other meaning is a cry of praise or adoration which was used when Jesus entered Jerusalem. I love both meanings because we realize we cannot do ANYTHING without the power and love of Jesus Christ. We also hope that Hosannas life will be of praise and adoration to the Lord.
Her middle name Nelle is not a family name. Everyone asks us that! :) I have loved this name for a really long time. We could not decide on a middle name and after she was born Jordan mentioned the name Nelle again. I especially liked this middle name because it means "shining light." Henry's middle name Luca also means "light." I think its cool their middle names mean the same thing. I know they are huge lights in my life and our hope is they will be a light to everyone who crosses their paths!!

3 comments:
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE LAAAAAAWVE LOVE HER! oh, and her sweet mamma :o)
can't wait to see you!
YAY!!!
great pictures and update, elizabeth! hosanna looks so sweet, and very different than henry too, i think. they both are beyond-words precious. i miss you guys lots!
Post a Comment