Monday, August 6, 2012

Family Reunion

This past weekend my dad's side of the family got together for a family reunion here in Cincinnati.  My mom and I had so much fun planning the get together.  Friday night everyone just hung out at her house.  Saturday morning some people went to Kings Island, others golfed and some just hung back and relaxed.  We then had pizza for dinner and had a kickball game.  We had two teams: Team Nana and Team Papooh. *those are my grandparents who both passed away around ten years ago.

Hanging out with my family is so special to me.  Many of my fondest memories as a child are going to Pittsburgh, visiting with my family at my Nana and Papooh's house.  Sometimes I get really sad when thinking how they never got to meet Jordan or my kids.  But at the same time I feel really joyful because I still have the rest of my family, and I KNOW Nana and Papooh would have loved Jordan and knowing they have great grandkids.

All that to say, this weekend was really fun and I loved every second.  I cant wait til this fall when we get to go to Pittsburgh, go to a Steelers game and all hang out again together!!
 Team Papooh
 Team Nana





No comments: