Thursday, July 17, 2008

A day off,

Today I do not have to go to work or really do anything which has been relaxing. But one thing I have noticed about myself, is even when I have nothing to do I like to busy my thoughts by "doing something." Like browsing the Internet, looking up recipes, watching a show online, calling a friend and so on... For a while I just thought to myself that it was relaxing little habits but I am learning that the enemy likes to take the time I have to rest in the Lord and numbs my thoughts and time. I really feel that these are habits the Holy Spirit can take from me and renew my mind and heart.

Living in community is hard. A lot of times the people around me are on fire for God and have amazing stories of what he is doing, while I am just getting by each day spiritually. Usually when I am like this, I just try harder or read my Bible more etc... Those attempts usually leave me more frustrated than I started, so I am just asking God to guide me in this season.

Luckily Jordan and I have been really connecting great. Honestly I see Jesus the most in him, by just spending time with him everyday. He is a really good servant and often models the way Christ loves the church so well. He does such a great job at making me a priority, it really shows me that Jesus has that same love in His heart for me that Jordan does. But even better of course.

I dont even know if my grammar is correct or if these sentences are making sense. but it is summer vaca so I am not into intellectual mode! haha!

No comments: