Monday, July 28, 2008

Pesto!

So this summer pesto has been a great and wonderful discovery for me in the cooking world. I bought some to put over chicken and it was so good. You just add a little sour cream and mayo to it, which makes a sauce, paint it on the chicken, and bake. Delish. I had some left over so I read you can freeze it and put it in pasta as an alternative to marinara. It is soo yummy. I again added a tiny bit of sour cream, and minced some garlic mixed it all up and enjoyed. Its really good also topped with parmesan cheese. I am sure it would be good also with tons of combinations incluing chicken, tomatoes, and other veggies. I am in heaven. I do not know how healthy it is, but it has to be better than heavy whipping cream. (I am obsessed with cooking with that as well!!).

Things here have been great. Jordan and I are having an amazing summer. We leave on Friday night to go to South Carolina with my folks. I think it will be a really fun time. It seems as though this summer is flying by. Both of the small groups we are involved in are going great. Last week there was roughly 67 people at the Gladstone one. We introduced prophecy to people, taught them what it was, and let them practice it. It was so fun to see everyone kind of confused and scared when we first started but by the end they were so excited. One girl who just became a Christian was so happy, she came up to me and said "I cant believe I can hear God!!" Its so fun to see people letting the Holy Spirit work in their lives.

I personally had a great weekend of healing. The service at Northstar was really empowering and I ended up going down for prayer afterwards. Sometimes I feel as though I have a lid on spiritally and my intimacy with the Lord comes to a stand still. A good friend prayed for me and provided a lot of encouragement that was needed. I also then was blessed at our couples group because they also spent some time laying hands on me and praying.

So needless to say, this Monday I am feeling very refreshed and renewed!!! :) Hope everyone is doing good! Love, Elizabeth

1 comment:

Kathy Stone said...

I can't wait to try some of your new Pesto recipes when I am back there .... I need some new stuff to make! Actually, show it to Allison and she can make some for me when she gets back home!!
Have a great vacation!!!
I love you both!