Tuesday, March 23, 2010

back in the swing of things!

So I feel like this week is one of the first weeks since having Henry where I feel like my "new" life is normal.  It is so refreshing and I thank God so much that I am enjoying my days more.  Not that I ever hated them, but I guess it took me a really long time to get used to them.  

Communication between Jordan and I has been amazing lately.  I feel like we are finally back to our old selves again.. enjoying one another's company along with being each other's number one fan.  
While being a new mom I feel like the Lord has drawn me into the wilderness.  He has put me into a position where I am weak.  Rather than calling me to be strong, He wants me to wait for His strength to take care of me.  For so much of my life, Ive felt like it is my job to be strong.  It isnt.  He wants to meet me in my place of weakness and be my strength.

An example of this would be the time I spend on the computer.  Since I dont have a car while Jordan is at work, I often find the way I "escape" or pass time is spending time on the computer.  I have known for a while this has been somewhat of an idol in my life.  The old me would have tried and tried to not get on the computer, and would have felt guilty every time I found myself turning to the computer for comfort. 

Rather than doing that, I have just asked God to help me not need the computer to bring comfort.  Over the past few weeks, I have found the desire to get on the computer has decreased immensely.  I love how I invited the Lord into that area of my life and He changed the desire of my heart.  He is so good and merciful.  


1 comment:

Monica Denise Kateri said...

mmm, so good. i can identify a bit with that whole being weak thing and God teaching you to rely on His strength. i'm feeling like that lately too.