Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pulled Pork Tacos

recipe and photo from health magazine.
So the recipe was quite a hit!! Jordan said this was one of the best things I have ever made.  I agree.  I dont like "normal" tacos.  These had an amazing flavor and filled me up without me feeling gross and heavy afterwards.  
Enjoy this recipe!! It only takes 15 minutes to prep!

Pulled Pork Tacos
Serves 6

2 cups salsa, plus more for serving
2 T chili powder
2 T dried oregano
2 T unsweetened cocoa
1/4 t of kosher salt
1 (2 and a half pound) boneless pork butt or shoulder, trimmed
18 corn or flour tortillas
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
3/4 cup of reduced fat sour cream
1 lime cut into wedges
homemade guac (optional)

1.  Combine the first 5 ingredients in a 4-to-6-quart slow cooker.  Add the pork and turn to coat.  
2.  Cook pork covered on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours, or until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily
3.  Preheat ovn to 350 degrees 20 minutes before serving.  Stack the tortillas and wrap in foil.  Bake for 15 minutes or until warm.  
4.  Shred the pork with 2 forks and stir meat into the cooking liquid.  Serve shredded pork with warm tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, lime, extra salsa and guac.  Also amazing with Corona on the side!!!

ENJOY!!!

I think I might start posting recipes on here more often! I love love love to cook and I dont know why I have not incorporated cooking into my blog more!  Please leave a comment if you try this recipe and let me know what you think! xo.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

MMM. Looks good. We're goimg to have to try these!

Sarah Swartzentruber said...

Thanks for posting this, Elizabeth! I am so pumped! I will be trying these for sure! And I'm so happy that you will be posting more recipes. I love everything you make. xo

Katie said...

looks good! wish i had a crockpot here!