I am weaning Henry for real now. He no longer gets a night time feeding. He only gets fed in the mornings now. Its nice because I still have the emotional bond part of nursing but Hank is no longer reliant on me to get soothed before falling asleep.
It has been so hard seeing Henry fight us with this entire sleep issue. Its so easy to love your kid when they are good. Its not necessarily hard to love your baby when they are difficult.. instead its hard to love them BEST.
For instance, I could rock Henry to sleep, let him read books when he wakes up at night or let him keep nursing to soothe him whenever hes upset. Instead (in my case) I believe I can love Henry best by making him soothe himself. He has a choice if he wants to just fall asleep (hes done it alone for 14 months now) or if he wants to cry for a few hours before falling asleep.
At first it was really hard emotionally to listen to him cry.. now I know all his needs are met. He isnt in pain or danger. SO.. now its just part of the day!!
Sorry nothing more exciting from me. This has been consuming most of my time. Now i am going to take a nap....
No comments:
Post a Comment