I will start with the first thing that pops into my head. A few months ago I found out I was pregnant. I was super excited and so was Jordan (obviously). A couple weeks ago I was getting my hair cut and dyed (photos to come)... I started feeling some cramping then could tell I was bleeding. I kept bleeding for another 5 days and I miscarried the baby. All things considered I am doing SUPER well. I am so blessed to have Henry and definitely have my hands full.
I was at a wedding right after the miscarriage and danced the night away with my friends. As I was dancing the Lord's joy came over me and I thought to myself... "wow I am so unbelievably blessed." I was not trying to convince myself that I was blessed (like I normally do in hard times) but that thought was an overflow of my joyful spirit. We were dancing to that Taio Cruz song Dynamite when I had those thoughts.. now every time I hear that song I feel like its mine and God's song. haha.
After getting back from Chicago where I visited my sister and attended the wedding, I found out some horrible news. My dad had been having some pains that he thought were kidney stones. He got an ultrasound and they found tons of cysts all over his kidneys. One of the masses was three inches big and was "abnormal." After a few days, a ton of prayers and lots of tests, we found out that the cysts are not cancerous. This was huge for our family and was a big wake up call that we all need to be putting our health first. My dad has a very stressful job and I think this was an eye opener to him that some things need to change.
A few days after that episode Jordan's mom came into town. I love having her here. I take a break from normal life and reeelaxx.. We mostly just hung out.. ate... then hung out some more. We celebrated my mama's birthday and I made home made Italian Wedding soup for the first time.. DELISH!
I am so happy that I love my mother-in-law. I enjoy being around her so much. Most people I talk to share how they could never spend as much time with their mother-in-laws as I spend with Kathy... I am glad we have a special relationship.
While Kathy was here Henry was quite the character... he loved making his Gammy laugh so he was being a comedian all week. That little boy sure knows how to wear his mama out! (I will do a separate post with new pics of him.)
I am glad to get back to the grind and the normalcy of life. I am so encouraged how the Lord protected my heart during these past few difficult weeks. I often wonder if terrible things happened to me would I react with worry or fear or trust the Lord. I am impressed with myself on how I have been handling everything. Go me!!.. haha jk!
Hope you all didnt give up on me during my bloggy break!! xoxoxo.
1 comment:
Oh Elizabeth. I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. I will pray for continued joy throughout this tough time.
Post a Comment