Saturday, May 19, 2012

an accident

So I totaled my car yesterday.
With my two kids in tow.
Yes, it was my fault.
Yes, everyone is okay.

I don't want to get into to many details on here how it happened.  But I will say:
1.  I often times save phone calls for the car so I don't get interrupted.
2.  I often times turn around for a moment to "help" or "reprimand" Henry in the car.
3.  I often times change the song playing in the car.

After yesterday I will not be doing these things anymore.  Things happen WAY WAY WAY too fast.  I am so happy/blessed no one was hurt.  Henry was startled and cried until the firetrucks showed up. (He loves firetrucks!) And Hosanna cried until I got her out of her bucket seat then she smiled so big.

Everyone, learn from my mistake!!! PLEASE!

Those who know where I live, know it isn't the nicest part of town. There are definitely some shady areas and I happened to crash in one of those areas. I was so happy/surprised how loving and friendly people were towards me.  I handed Hosanna off to some lady I didn't know, because I couldn't hold both kids at once.  People were running out of stores to bring me water and see if I was okay.

Thankfully Jordan only worked ten minutes away and got there to help me.  He is such a great husband and never made me feel guilty or ashamed for getting into the accident! I love him so much.

So again.. everyone be careful driving! and praise the Lord we are all okay!

3 comments:

brybry said...

Praise The Lord!! Love you Elizabeth :)

abby said...

Moments like that are so sobering...and it always makes my empathy for those who have gone through the same thing without everything coming out ok really grow. I am thankful you are alright-you and those sweet babes of yours!

http://nateandabbyclark.blogspot.com/

Kathy Stone said...

So thankful!!!