Since having Henry, I have spent endless hours doing nothing but meeting his basic needs. All you moms out there know how much time is spent nursing the baby, not to mention the hours you spend keeping him entertained. Some days I really feel like I am going crazy. My bags from vacation are still packed.. the laundry is piling up.. and there are so many other creative, FUN things I have been wanting to do that I do not see happening ANY time soon.
I am not writing all of this to complain or to wish my life was different. Instead, I am learning how much of my life before the baby was completely centered around my comfort and convenience. I think if I would have lived my life more sacrificially before Henry, I would not be having such a hard time in some areas.
Lord, thanks for using motherhood to stretch and challenge me. I acknowledge these days are not mine and if you want me to spend all day standing in front of a vacuum cleaner swaying my baby back and forth I will do it, and will try to be joyful. Thank you that your love is so perfect and strong. Amen.
4 comments:
Great perspective! Its encouraging to realize God uses our "daily life" to sanctify us. Amen Sister!
Thanks for being so honest and for having such a willing heart to do what's not always the most fun. It's crazy to me how much sacrifice motherhood takes but how worth it it is.
Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth. It's true--a baby changes you forever! I think the transition of going from "my" life to "our" life was the hardest for me, too...I found that once a routine set in, then I was able to get used to the change.
By the way, I'm a blogger, too. After ten years at home with the kids, I went back to work teaching English part-time. You are welcome at my blogs anytime!
little rosa, so much wisdom. i felt the same exact way. it gets easier, then harder, then easier, then harder...so, yes, it's always a struggle. as he gets older, it will be easier to carve out those moments for yourself. and what you find, is that after a period of 'me' time, you'll end up missing him. makes no sense does it! that's motherhood for ya :)
Post a Comment