Thursday, January 7, 2010

my sweet fussy baby

Henry has to be one of the sweetest babies ever.  At the same time Henry is an extremely fussy baby sometimes.  Today it seemed like anytime he wasnt eating or sleeping, he was crying.  Its so hard when you have NO IDEA how to meet the needs of your baby.  Also I have to remember there is only so much I can do for him.  Like today, he cried ALL DAY.. then as I was nursing him this evening.. he pulled off from eating, made a real concentrated face, then let out the wettest toot I have ever heard.  From then on his demeanor completely changed.  We went to change his diaper and saw that he pooped all the way up his back.  We then gave him a bath which he loved.. since then he has been so happy! He has been chillin with dad watching football on the couch.

I guess I write this to say... my job is to love Henry despite his moods.  I can do my best to try to comfort him.. but sometimes I just have to wait for him to push.. and poop all over his back... and everything is better! :) 

Sorry, I dont know if this post makes sense.. and I am too exhausted to read back over it to make sure... only eight minutes until Henry's last feeding! Then i get to go to bed.. YAY

2 comments:

Rene` said...

You have a great attitude, Elizabeth. It's going to be really incredible when Henry can looks back on your thoughts as you grew together.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, Thanks for telling it like it is!