Saturday, January 2, 2010

who knew 13 min of pushing would change my life FOREVER!

I cannot begin to explain how amazing and overwhelming these past few weeks have been.  I never thought I would love a little newborn as much as I do.  I love everything about having a newborn baby: wearing pjs all day, sleeping all day with my little baby, holding him when he is crying bc he cant get out a toot, getting him out of his crib every morning when he is ready to start his day.  I seriously do not want him to get any older.  He is so presh! With saying how adorable and precious my child is, I must also add he already has QUITE the personality.  When he is mad he likes to let the entire world know.  His cry sounds like he is roaring like a lion.  Oddly enough it does not bother me that my baby can be extremely fussy at times.  I love him for who he is.  I love how he can go from calm and sleeping in one second to screaming his head off the next.  It reminds me that the Lord has established a personality in him already.  I really want to nurture who that person is rather than just "wishing" my baby was a "good" baby.  (With that being said, I do everything in my power to make him stop crying.  I dont just sit there and watch him cry. haha)

It has been an amazing experience watching Jordan be a daddy to Henry.  Henry loves him! Jordan is soo good at interacting with Baby but also helping with the "not so fun" daily things.  I recommend every family expecting a baby to have the dad take at LEAST a week off right when the baby is born.  It really helped establish the a bond between Jordan and Henry really quickly.  

There are still so many times where I wake up and think of how long of a day I have ahead of me.  It really helps knowing I can be a stay at home mom.  I have the PRIVILEGE that my job is being a good mom and wifey! Its fun thinking my responsibilities are ensuring my family has a good environment to live in.  

My mom and Jordans mom have been SOOOO SOOO SOOO helpful for me in this transition.  My mom stayed and helped us for the first week we were home.  Now Kathy is here helping.  I dont know how people can have babies without any support systems! It must be so hard!!

Okay well I have to feed my little bubba again! Just wanted to write an actual update rather than just posting pics. 

3 comments:

Katie said...

oh man! this makes me realyl want a baby of my own! I'm glad you are having so much fun. henry is so so lucky to have you for a mom! love you!

SAHDad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SAHDad said...

Oh Beautiful Lady. You are a great Mom and I never would have thought about Brock taking time off work after having a child. Thanks for the advice when we decide to actually have children that will be something we do for sure. Also I just wanted to thank you so much for sharing on this blog. It has helped me to understand and to get to know you a little bit better as we are both rather busy. Hopefully Brock and I will be able to officially meet Henry when we bring another meal for you on the 19th.
Many blessings to you in the mean time.
Hugs
Corie