Thursday, April 22, 2010

So Jordan and I don't live in the nicest of areas.  In fact while out today, we watched two pitbulls fight in the middle of the road.  I have always wanted to live in an area where people are different than myself.  Thankfully the Lord has provided me with that opportunity.  :) 

I thought after moving to our area of town I would have an instant heart for the people I live around.  Instead I found myself kind of afraid of them! haha.  Since its been warm out we have been able to venture out a little bit. So we strap Henry in the baby carrier and take walks.  This has been a great opportunity for us to meet some new people.  

This is one of the tiny ways I can allow the Holy Spirit into my days.  What is the point of living in a diverse neighborhood if I dont get to know anyone who is different from myself.  I dont know why but getting to know new people makes me feel closer to God.  Its like I get to see outside my "worldview" for a moment and begin to understand other things that other people go through.  

It has also made it 100% times easier to pray for my part of town.  I have FACES and NAMES I can pray for rather than saying general prayers.  Its amazing to me knowing how many people there are in the world who have no one that will listen to them.  Its a neat thought to know God can use you, if you take the time to say hello to someone on the side of the road! :)


No comments: