Saturday, April 3, 2010

not living off emotions...

... is so freeing!  Some close friends and I have lately been talking about how women often tend to live off emotions.  When they feel something they assume its an actual reality.  This is so dangerous for women and is a main tool the enemy uses.  It is a constant choice Ive made to not think that way.  For instance, when Jordan is a half hour late from work.. rather than thinking he doesnt value our family time, I remember he never WANTS to stay at work late.  Same goes with friends.  If I am not invited to something, rather than throwing a pity party and getting my feelings hurt, I choose to understand it isnt that big of a deal, and they still like me.  

Renewing and training my mind in this way has been so helpful and has brought me closer to the heart of God.  My interactions with EVERYONE in my life have been so much more enjoyable and life giving.. 

You all should give it a shot!

Here are some pics.  I love this little boy so much.  I could kiss his cheeks forever.  He is my sunshine!




2 comments:

teach said...

have you read a book on not living off your emotions or have you just established how to do it yourself? I need to work on this - thanks for the inspiration.

melissa

Nicole Andre said...

surYES! im so glad you wrote about this in your blog, it has been really freeing:)i love you!