Friday, September 10, 2010

Dirty D

We spent this past weekend in Detroit with Jordan's best friend Matt, and his parents.  His parents live in a beautiful lake house.  It is so refreshing to get to spend time there.  There is always great company, food and fun! 

Last time we went to Detroit Henry instantly connected with Captain Mike.  We were interested to see if he remembered Mike, and still liked him as much as before.  As soon as we walked into the door Henry reached over to Mike and wanted him to hold him.  It was so cute.  Those two bonded so much over the weekend.  I think Henry wants to be a captain of a boat someday too!

Photobucket

All weekend Henry was quite the ham.  He cracks us up with how much attention he loves getting.  He claps now and clapping to Henry is serious business.  Watch this video below... he doesnt even crack a smile.  
Even though you cant tell in that video, Henry has an amazing sense of humor.  Jordan and I try to play with him and allow his to use his imagination even though he is only a baby.  A group of us were eating dessert in the kitchen and I look over and see Hank and Jordan sitting in the pitch black living room peaking over the couch.  I just had to snap some pics... Sorry about the poor quality.. remember it was dark in the room where they were.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The weather was a bit chilled and there were high wind warnings so we did not get to go on the boat much.  When we were out there, Hank was in his element.  I can tell he's going to love fishing someday!! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Henry did amazing in the car too... on the way up he slept for four hours!! Then on the way back he did just as well.  It was a great trip for our family.  Jordan got some rest and I love getting out of the house! woo hoo!

1 comment:

Kathy Stone said...

Oh Elizabeth - Those pictures are just too cute! I CAN"T WAIT to get over there!!!!
Love you,
Momsie