Today has been super emotional for Jordan and I. We have avoided thinking of what it will be like leaving Starbucks. We have intentionally thought of what it will be like not working, but leaving Starbucks is a completely different story. It has been much much more than a job for not only Jordan but our entire family.
I cant type without my eyes tearing up. The people we have met through working at Starbucks have formed and shaped our lives. Some have become some of our closest friends. It has been amazing having my husband LOVE the people he worked with and considered it a pleasure to have a relationship with each of them.
I selfishly loved stopping in regularly with my kids and everyone there was always so sweet and genuinely interested in our lives. People brought us meals after I had both kids and celebrated life with us.
I dont know many people who leave their job with the overwhelming feeling of "blessed" that we are feeling right now. Blessed to have had a successful career. Blessed to have loved what he was doing. Blessed to have formed so many relationships. Blessed that I could be a part of those relationships as well. Blessed that he had a workplace where people are great friends and value each other.
Who would of thought that the hardest part of this entire "adventure" would be actually leaving the job?! That is supposed to be the best part...
Honestly part of my emotion is that I love my husband so so much. I really don't know of a man who loves others and makes others feel valued the way he does. He is a hard worker and a man of his word. To see others appreciate him and knowing everyone will miss him is very sweet for me.
I am tempted to ask every one of you to please keep in touch. But Jordan and I feel the prompting to be super intentional in staying in touch with you all. So instead I will say:
"Get ready for us to be in touch!!!!!"










1 comment:
You did have a great crew!!! They even made me feel welcome when I came to town!!! We'll definitely be stopping back in often! :)
Post a Comment