Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween

I am totally aware that things along this blog have been slow... probably the longest blog break I have taken in the 3+ years I have been keeping it.  I am okay with that.  Life is so full and great, I feel like my worldview and way of life is shifting and its taking some concentrating and focus.  We had the best Halloween.  Despite the crummy weather.  Henry woke up so excited to trick or treat.  Honestly I was ready too at 10 am!  Sometimes days creep by when you are a stay at home mom.. especially when you have plans in the evening and your kids wake up at 6 am.  
This week Henry has been asking EVERYONE what they want to be for Halloween.  So my mom surprised him when she stopped over yesterday and dressed up like a princess.  It was hilarious. She wore a wig from when she was 10! 
I feel so blessed by the neighbors and friends we have.  Its so nice that we can combine friends with our neighbors and everyone has a great time together.  Life is so much more full when great people are everywhere we turn.  
Hosanna has been on an eating frenzy lately.  We went out to breakfast the other morning and she ate an entire kids meal. An egg, toast, fruit and some of Henry's pancake!  On Halloween she was diving for all the candy she saw people eating.  So I unwrapped a Dum Dum and gave it to her.  *Something I would have never done with Henry as a 10 month old!* She licked the entire thing til it was gone!!! She is getting to be such a big girl.  




Its hilarious being a parent and doing the things your parents did.  I remember laying all my candy out and organizing it after trick or treating.  I decided what order I would eat the candy and try to trade my sister for all the candy I didn't like.  Then every year, the morning after, I would run downstairs and look through my candy.  Strangely, a third of the candy would be gone.  I would then look in the garbage and there was a pile of wrappers on the top of the can.  My dad would be looking at me from the corner of his eye, and would just start laughing controllably.  He'd then say "Sorry I was so hungry!"

I totally did that with Henry's candy.  And I don't feel bad about it. :)

4 comments:

Sweet Mama K said...

I used to organize my halloween candy the exact same way and then eat through it starting from worst to best! They say the way you handled your Halloween candy as a kid shows your natural tendencies towards money as an adult :)

Rachel Jones said...

haha, love it! your kiddos were so cute in their costumes - glad you all had fun!!

michelle said...

I miss you, friend! your kids looked so cute! Glad Henry's costume still worked out despite some additional bite marks from mr. mister :)

Kathy Stone said...

So cute!!! I love the picture of your Mom too....what a great sport!