Monday, June 1, 2009

restoration...

This weekend was a great one.  I feel spiritually refreshed.  Friday our group/church hosted a worship night that was amazing.  I really felt the Holy Spirit's presence while we were worshipping.  Everyone seemed free to praise God however they pleased, without the pressures of being like the people around them.  I love extended worship time where you can spend as much time as you'd like worship God.  I hate at church once I am getting the flow, the worship is over.  Anyways it was a much needed time and lifted my spirit.  

Then on Sunday our pastor did the service a little differently than usual.  It was a family service so all ages were in the main service.  Matt first had everyone find someone that was between the ages of 0-14.  We prayed over them and blessed them and that their lives would be Spirit felt.  Then everyone prayed over people between the ages of 15 and 25.  It was so sweet because the Massey girls who I am close with, found there way to me so they could pray over me.  They prayed out loud for me which was so sweet and brave for little girls to do, not to mention encouraging.  We then prayed over the age group 26-40, then 41-55.  Then anyone over 55 came to the front of the church and we thanked them and blessed them as a church whole.  I honestly am so proud to be a part of a church and group where so many people REALLY love Jesus.  When you look at the people's lives and how they care about one another, you can't help being super encouraged.

So all that to say, I am feeling very connected with my community and blessed to be apart of it! :)  Not to mention, I really love Jordan and have been enjoying my time with him too! He's my best friend.  :)

No comments: