On this trip I have felt soo blessed to spend this time with Jordan. After over two years of being married, I still LOVE who he is so much. Not just because he is real nice to me and is a good person, but I love all his little quirks and just him being him.
I find such comfort in the little things in life. It was a great realization for me to understand just BEING with Jordan calms me and centers me. Before this trip I really felt completely overwhelmed and nervous for what is to come. Now I am just excited Jordan and I are able to experience these changes together. :)
Jordan made a point at dinner last night that for the past few months we have been just trying to keep up. While on this trip we have decided every Wednesday night is going to be "our night." In order for us to stay connected and on the same page we have to continually choose to spend time together and invest in one another's lives. I feel like we were great at making time for one another at the beginning of our marriage, but as we have moved into different seasons it has been more of a struggle. It isnt because we don't love each other, but we just get caught up in life!
So I guess all that to say, this trip has been great for us! :)
2 comments:
I'm glad you are resting and enjoying each other and being refreshed!
I know you probably won't be excited to come home, but we'll be excited to see you next week. Mr. Mister keeps giving you shout outs in his prayers.
That's so cool, Lizzy. I think that is a great idea for you and Jordan. You guys are such a sweet example of marriage and love.
Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment