Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another "Stone" in the fam

So a few days ago I started to experience pain in my left abdomen.  I called my doctor and she gave me some medicine, thought I just had a UTI.  Well laster in the middle of the night I went to the bathroom and realized my urine was bright red, and I was in excruciating pain.  I told Jordan I was really sick and needed to go to the emergency room.  So we packed up, woke Henry up and took off to the hospital.  Before even getting my room the nurses told me it sounds like I have a kidney stone.  

So I got some amazing drugs, they wrote some prescriptions and I headed home to "pass" the stone.  They told me drinking a lot of fluids would help it pass.  Well as I got home I began sipping liquids and I would throw up after taking anything down.  After about eight hours of that cycle, I realized I was not going to be able to pass this stone on my own.

Jordan and I then headed to another hospital.  As I was getting settled, two of the hospital employees got in a yelling match in my room.  It was so awkward and made me feel so uncomfortable.  (Sorry this could be a very witty and humorous post, but I am on so many drugs I can barely type.) After hours of sitting adn waiting my doctors came in and told me that I am going to have surgery to remove the stone.

This morning I had a procedure.  They could not remove the stone so they pushed it back up into my kidney.  I am going to have to have another three surgeries to get it removed.  This is an absolute fiasco! 
The crazy thing about this is that the doctors think I got the stone from my prenatal vitamins.  They said pregnant women take too many vitamins which causes the buildup in the kidney.  Weird huh? 
Thanks everyone for your prayers thus far.  I will keep everyone updated on here.  I am hoping to get my next procedure done tomorrow.  
Love, E

1 comment:

michelle said...

Oh my gosh, Elizabeth! That is crazy. We will be praying for you! That's kind of scary that this could happen from vitamins that are supposed to take care of your baby.

When I saw the title of your post, I thought you were going to say you were pregnant. haha.