Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Yes I am blogging three posts in one day.  Sorry I havent written a ton on my blog lately.  I have been posting pictures but havent had much time to write how I am doing.  

I think a huge part of that is I am not sure how to explain how I am doing.  I am going through a strange but special season with the Lord lately.  I have been re-evaluating how I spend my time, thoughts and energy.  

I have felt more emotion lately than I have in years.  It freeing, exciting and scary.  You know how for years you follow Jesus and you assume everything is going decently, until you realize you are in the dead middle of a desert dry spell... you try to pray and you forget how to, and you dont even know where to begin?? You feel embarrassed and hopeless??If you answered yes to any of these things.. I AM HERE TOO!.... come join the party.  I assume often that because I have radical Christian friends, go to church, dont do any major sins that I am doing okay with God.

Well I am okay to say that I am not doing that well.  I feel 100 comfortable admitting that and really feel no shame about it.  Its so nice to not feel apathetic in this area for once.  I am okay getting called out.  I am okay realizing my heart is rotten and cold towards the things the Lord has with me.  I am embracing these things.  I am excited to move on.  I know I cant do it alone.  I know it has to be the Holy Spirit.  I know there are things I am going to have to give up. 

Whew. 
I feel better already. 
I will try to blog about this process because I know many people probably experience similar seasons in life.  

Until then.  Pray for me as I dive in.  
Love you guys! 

1 comment:

Kathy Stone said...

Thanks Elizabeth. I'll pray for you and you can pray for me!
I love you! Momsie