Tuesday, August 17, 2010

small victory!

Ever since Henry was born, he has been a good sleeper.  After getting the doctors approval to let him sleep through the night he only woke up once a night at about 4 am then woke again for the day at 7am.  WELL... that pattern of sleep has carried all the way through Henry being eight months old.  

After talking with some friends I realized Henry is to (or past) the age where he can sleep through the night.  
So last night I mentally prepared myself to hear him wake up at 4 am.. and to let him cry himself back to sleep.  When 4 am came... I couldnt do it.. I hear him make a little squawk and I nursed him and put him back down.  

Then 5:30 rolls around... he wakes up again... this time I decided I had enough... an hour and a half later he is back to sleep in his crib.  I know I cant sleep while Henry is so hysterical.. so I caught up some reading and am now writing this blog post! 

I am so happy I did it!! Tomorrow night I am determined to keep the pattern going.

on the other hand.. is it weird that I am sad Henry wont be waking up at night anymore?  To me it seems as though he is no longer a baby... :(

No comments: