Thursday, August 5, 2010

temper tantrum

Does anyone else's 7 and a half month old throw temper tantrums?  Tonight I was in Henry's nursery waiting for Jordan to change his diaper, so I could nurse him then put him to bed.  When Jordan handed Henry to me.. he started SCREAMING... I tried to nurse him (which he usually loves) and he wouldnt do it.  Not only that but his back was completely arched and he had his tiny little arms reached out to Jordan.

So I finally get him to nurse.. put him in his crib to go to bed and he is HYSTERICAL.. He had an ear infection earlier this week so I thought maybe he wasnt feeling well and thats why he would not sleep.  I go back in.. and again.. he wont nurse... instead he has his arms reached out towards the door where he knew Jordan was.  

I just kept sitting there with him until he finally nursed.  He fell asleep nursing then when I put him in his crib he was hysterical again.  I felt bad but he had to cry himself to sleep.  

I hate when Henry regresses in his progress!! I feel like some times with sleeping habits he goes back to square one.  I just have to keep being strong and keep the routine we have going.

PLEASE LORD, ALLOW HENRY TO SLEEP IN TOMORROW!! I NEED A BREAK!

1 comment:

The Caswells said...

I'm so sorry sissy. I know exactly how you feel! I would always feel like we were over "regressing" but it seems like Grant would just need to go back and start all over.