Monday, November 23, 2009

38 weeks...

Last week was quite the week.. I went from thinking I was leaking amniotic fluid, to getting put on meds, then to end the week off with NOTHING EXCITING. I cant believe I still have two weeks left!! I am ready for this little guy to come out. It seems so surreal!! I am hoping Jordan will take me on one nice date before the arrival. ;) put in a good word!

Here are some other random thoughts I have being at 38 weeks. It seems at this point in time everyone makes comments that include... "OOO Just wait til...." It is like they do not have any practical advice to say or anything encouraging.. Instead they just want to sit back and watch you hate your life after your baby comes. Not cool.

Also I am thinking about PHYSICALLY what is about to happen to my body during labor. Crazy stuff... I dont know how I am going to do it. I know if I lived back in the colonial days or whatever I would be one of the women that dies during labor. I am such a baby.

Lastly, with there being only a few weeks left, I wanted to give all my loyal readers an oppertunity to ask me any questions they have been wondering. This can include anything regarding pregnancy, marriage, miscarriages, funny things, spiritual questions etc... If you want, post a question in my comments or email me at elizabeth.ann1986@gmail.com

If you dont want you name included with the question, email me and tell me and I will leave it annonymous.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving week!!
Love, E

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I have followed your pregnancy from afar, but wanted to comment on this post. I think it is very easy for women to be insensitive when it comes to talking to a preggers lady, especially one who is first-time in the family way. :-)

I remember when Valerie was born. Greg was such a great labor coach. He did great with all five of our births. I had wanted to get out of the hospital really quickly, but there was a small complication and we had to stay for longer than I wanted.

All my births were pretty amazing experiences. Yes, my body shows some wear and tear now, but after one baby, you could barely tell I'd ever been pregnant!

My hope for you is that you really enjoy the time after your son is born. Please feel free to email me (southwind@fuse.net) if there is anything you need. I believe you have a fairly large circle of friends so I know you have lots of resources, but I would love to help with anything that might come up.

My prayer is that you will experience God's love during the entire birth process.

One last tidbit: When my little Kepler was born, I was listening to the CD Dwell, which was a perfect CD for his birth and has been such an encouragement and reminder of God's love for these nearly four years. Choose music you love for your birth!

Love,
Susan