Since the baby has been born, the dynamics between Jordan and my relationship have changed quite a bit. We havent been fighting or not getting along, in fact we have been making a great team. However, I have found these past seven weeks we are always talking about the baby or resort to "comfort" activities at the end of the day; (ex: checking email, watching shows, playing Play Station). At times it also seems like there is nothing to talk about.. I spend most days at home and Jordan only goes to work.
So last night we tried something a little different to connect as a couple. We got out of the house for a bit and walked around the mall. Then we decided we were going to act as though we were "dating" for the rest of the evening. We told each other that we were going to treat one another like we did in the early stages of dating. So for example: would you zone out when your girlfriend is talking? No. Would you choose to check blogs and get on Facebook if you were hanging out with your boyfriend? No. Would you take advantage of the special time you did with your girlfriend? Yes. Would you want to ask probing questions to further understand your boyfriend? Yes.
It was great for us and kind of got us out of the "funk" weve been in since the baby. We sat by the fire and played Phase 10 and ate ice cream. It was awesome. I highly suggest our little exercise to all married couples who get in the same "funks" we do. :)
Here are some pics I have taken lately of the babe. Lets face it.. most people get on here hoping I post pics of him! :)
4 comments:
i think Andy & I are going to force-a-funk JUST so we can do that exercise!!
Love you! and your blog - I just told Andy...I want to blog like my elez!
What a great idea - I'm proud of you two!
The pictures are so great - you are right - I'm always hoping for pics! I need to see my little BABY!!!!
Henry is so cute!! And I love that you are finding ways to keep your relationship fresh :) Way to go!!
great ideas and Henry is soooo precious!!!
Post a Comment