It basically talks about how God does not use fear or intimidation to discipline his children. Instead he uses love and freedom and allows us to come to a place of obedience out of the overflow of our hearts. I would love to parent my children by using this model. However, I also know we have to BELIEVE that the Lord works in that way. We so often think if we do the "right thing" or stay out of trouble then we are doing well with the Lord. In the meantime our hearts can be cold towards Him... Sorry these concepts are SO new to me.. so it is hard to "reword" them when I dont really know what I am talking about to begin with.
Anyways, last night was my first girls night out since the baby.. it really wasnt a girls night out.. I was in my pajamas and I went to a friends house down the street.. but it was SO refreshing none the less. Nikki and Rene are both two great friends with amazing senses of humor. Thanks for getting me out of the house ladies!
Can you guys believe my baby is TWO months old already!! I cant.. I dont want him to get any older. He is such a peach.
1 comment:
Those are the BEST kinds of girl's nights out!
and I agree...in things pertaining to faith & relationships with God, it's so hard to use the right words. most of the time I think I suck at it since I figure He understands me ;)
Post a Comment